Shawnee trucking is seeking local professionals to drive our vehicles to various locations while providing the best in class customer service. As a Transporter you will pick up and drop off freight from client to client in various locations. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Class A Driver Duties:
- Verify that correct items are loaded on the truck for delivery and match BOL.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks. Ensure truck is properly secured and not overweight.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver to product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift. May include, but not limited to, daily logs, inspection logs, delivery receipts, vehicle inspection, hours of service, etc.
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems on returned proof of delivery sheets.
- Train others when required.
- Keep continued communication with dispatch during and after delivery.
- Reading Maps and using a Trucking GPS to get to delivery drop and to any last minute back hauls that occur.
- Must be able to drive manual and automatic Transmissions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a current class A license
- Must have a current Medical Card
- Must be able to pass an employment drug screening
- Must have at least 2 years driving experience
To apply fill out our Class A Driver Application and send it back to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 717-684-2576 attention HR.