Shawnee trucking is seeking Owner Operators to deliver freight to various locations while providing the best in class customer service. As a Transporter you will pick up and drop off freight from client to client in various locations.
- Verify that correct items are loaded on the truck for delivery and match BOL.
- Perform periodic inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure.
- Assist in loading and unloading of trucks. Ensure truck is properly secured and not overweight.
- Ensure that material is properly protected from the outdoor elements.
- Deliver to product and proper paperwork to our customers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ensure that any debris caused by the loading/unloading of truck is cleaned up.
- Maintain trucks overall service and perform required inspections.
- Complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift ( BOL….)
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding customer problems, mechanical problems, or delivery problems on returned proof of delivery sheets..
- Keep continued communication with dispatch during and after delivery.
- Reading Maps and using a Trucking GPS to get to delivery drop and to any last minute back hauls that occur.
- Must possess a current class A / B license
- Must have a current Medical Card
- Must be insured along with a minimum of $30,000 cargo insurance and must be Inc. NOT LLC.
To apply fill out our Owner Operator Application and send it back to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 717-684-2576 attention HR.